Players who need to take a break from the game for any reason and cannot find sitters can activate Vacation mode in the preferences. The maximum number of days is 15, the minimum is 1, depending on the server speed.
The formula is days/speed.
You will find the vacation mode screen in your Preferences. You will not be able to enter vacation mode until all the conditions are met. Unmet conditions are in red. When all conditions are met you can use the -/+ to select the number of days you wish to take a vacation.
When you meet those conditions and decide to turn vacation mode on you will first need to choose how many vacation days to select. You can use up to 15/speed days of vacation mode during a game round.
For example, on speed x2 you can use up to 8 days (15/2 = 7.5, rounded to 8).
Be careful not to make a mistake here, because once the vacation mode starts, you cannot change its length. For 10 Gold you can abort vacation immediately, but only after the first 12 hours passed.
If you decide to abort vacation with gold, you will get back all unused days (for example if you start vacation for 10 days and abort it right away, the first day would have already started, so you only get back 9 days). If you do not abort vacation early, it will finish after the number of days you specified at the start.
The conditions that must be reached to activate this are:
- No outgoing troops
- No incoming troops to his villages/oasis
- No reinforcing troops for other accounts
- No reinforcing troops by other accounts in villages/oasis belonging to player’s account
- No Wonder of the World village
- No artefact village
- No beginner’s protection
- No troops in your traps
- Your account is not in deletion
- Annexing an oasis in the last 48 hours blocks the player from entering vacation mode. The player can enter vacation mode once the oasis is annexed for longer than 48 hours or is lost again.
Those rules mean that it is not possible to hide in vacation mode, for example, when you are attacked or when you are attacking someone.
You also cannot protect Wonder of the World or an artefact for your alliance by using this mode.
During vacation, your villages are protected.
- Your villages and oasis cannot be attacked.
- Other players can see that you have vacation mode enabled.
- Your villages may still be added to other player’s raid-lists, but they cannot be raided.
- Your troops may starve.
- Send troops anywhere
- Receive troops
- Go on adventures with your hero
- Start new building orders (already ordered builds will start, including with Master Builder)
- Order new troop training
- Start celebrations in the town hall
- Start parties in the brewery
- Use the marketplace (apart from NPC trade which still works)
- Start new research in the academy
- Start upgrades in the smithy
- Use auctions
- Join or create a new alliance
- Start account deletion
- Set up trade routes (they stop running)
- Open alliance bonus donation page
- Abort the vacation mode with gold
- Use resources from the hero inventory
- Exchange silver to gold
Some further details related to the vacation mode.
- Immediate aborting of vacation is only possible after 12 hours since it started.
- Starting another vacation is only possible after 12 hours since the previous one ended (regularly or after being aborted).
- Daily Rewards points will still reset at the usual time.
- Actions you ordered before vacation mode was started will mostly continue as usual (including troop training, Master Builder etc.). Trade routes, however, will be stopped.
- The infobox shows a notification about the vacation mode which also contains a link to the vacation abort page.
- The automatic deletion due to inactivity cannot happen while the account is in vacation mode.