The Auction house is used to buy and sell hero items using Silver. It’s a great opportunity to get the best items or consumables when they are needed. On other hand, selling items can provide a nice sum of Silver, which can then be exchanged into Gold.
Auctions work with each player setting a maximum bid of what they are prepared to pay. The game then automatically bid for the player until that limit is reached.
When the auction ends, the item is sold to the highest bidder.
Note that any successful bid placed in the last 5 minutes of an auction will increase the auction time to 5 minutes again.
A new item is offered in an auction.
Player 1 thinks the item would be worth 200 Silver - so they make a bid of 200 Silver. They are now shown as the highest bid at 100 Silver as there are no other players bidding until now.
Player 2 sees that the item is selling for 100 Silver, and thinks the item would be worth 150 Silver and bids this amount. Since the first player maximum bid was 200, the game automatically bidded up until the bid is 150. The second player get information "you got outbid".
This is not a bug, and the other user is not cheating, it’s just how the auctions work.
If nothing else happens until the auction ends, the final price is 150, player 1 gets the item and remaining 50 Silver (as he offered 200 Silver).
To sell an item just click on the item you want to sell.
You can choose the number of items you want to sell from the drop-down list now and afterwards have to confirm the selling.
- There is a limit of 5 sales at any one time.
- In the first 5 minutes after you placed your item on the auction market you are still able to cancel the selling by clicking on the red x in front of the line.
- Items for sale do not immediately show in the auction house but appear after a random interval, this is to reduce the chance of your being able to inflate the price by bidding on your own items.
- The following items can be sold in stocks of 5, 10, 30 and 50: bandages, cages, scrolls, ointments, buckets, books of wisdom and tablets of law.
- In the case no player buys your item(s), the system will buy it for the initial price (for example, it will pay 100 Silver for a helmet or 1 Silver for an ointment).
- Geldings can only be sold in case you have another horse in your inventory or equipped to your hero. Furthermore, they cannot be sold to players but only to the system. This means in case you sell a Gelding you will always get 100 Silver for it.
You can trade Gold for Silver using the exchange office.
- Gold into Silver (1 Gold = 100 Silver)
- Silver into Gold (200 Silver = 1 Gold)
You can find Silver on adventures.
You can sell items (also found on adventures) at auctions for Silver.
You can find out how much silver you have spent or gained and what items you have purchased on the Silver accounting tab in the Auction area for the last 7 days. You can see:
- Items Purchased and remaining silver after purchase.
- Silver tied to running auctions.