The role of the sitter is to log into your account whilst you are unavailable to look after it for you and to respond to any issues that may have come up. As a result of this, they have the ability to change most things within your account, so you should only choose sitters that you absolutely trus
Dual vs sitter
A Dual is someone who does not already have an account on the server who you invite to play your account with you with the password. You can have multiple duals playing with you.
A Sitter is someone who already players the server who you can give limited access to your account to assist while you are unavailable.
You may add a sitter on the "Sitter" tab of your preferences and give permissions. You can also view the accounts you have permission to sit for.
You may only have a maximum of two sitters at any one time. You may also allow or deny sitters to do certain things.
The Buy and spend gold permission is important, with it set they can purchase gold on your account and spend without limits, refunds cannot be given for gold spent by the sitter.
When you are added as a sitter for another account you can log in to the account by logging out of your account and then logging in with their user name but your password. You will be granted access as if you had typed their password (so they must not share their password with you).
Every account starts with 14 days of owner inactivity allowance. (A sitter may log in at any time without affecting this allowance).
- For every day that any of the SITTER IS ACTIVE on the account AND any of the owner(s) of the account ARE NOT active, 1 day is subtracted from the allowance.
- For every day that any of the owner(s) of the account ARE active, 1 day is added to the allowance, regardless of sitter activity.
- If both OWNER(S) and SITTERS are NOT active, no allowance is added or subtracted.
To make it simple:
If only owner is active = +1 day
If owner and sitter are active = +1 day
If only sitter is active = -1 day
If nobody is active = nothing
Once the account reaches 0 days of owner inactivity allowance, the sitter’s access will be revoked.
- Accounts will not be able to gain more than 14 days of owner inactivity allowance.
- Whenever the allowance is running out (3 days left) a permanent info box will be displayed for anyone that manages the account to remind them.
A dual is another player that you give your password to in order for them to log into your account and have full control over it. Generally, you do this if you do not have the time to run an account entirely by yourself. Dualling is not built into the game and so you do not have to add a dual, you just simply give them your password.
However, you should make sure you absolutely trust a dual before giving them your password because they will have full control to do anything to your account. It is also against the rules to give your password to someone that already plays on your server.