The strength of your troops in attack and defense can be increased in a number of different ways, through the use of hero items, smithy upgrades and alliance bonus.
- Hero Weapons can be used to upgrade the attack and defence values of troops.
- Horn of the Natarian
- The Horn of the Natarian increases the attacking strength of the hero and all troops traveling with the hero when attacking the Natars.
- The weapons and armour of your warriors are enhanced in the smithy's melting furnaces. By increasing its level, you can order the fabrication of even better weapons and armour.
- An upgrade done to a unit counts for all units of that type in the village the upgrade is done. This means an upgrade done in village A does not count for troops coming from village B.
- The upgrade in the smithy depends on the upkeep of the respective troop: as more crop, the troop consumes as higher the improvement effect is. Therefore it is not possible to give exact upgrade percentages.
- Where troop merging is enabled, the troops once merged, inherit the upgrade levels from their new village.
Alliance metallurgy bonus
One of the alliance bonuses - metallurgy, adds additional bonus to units offense and defense.