Merging troops is a specials server feature available since 2017 special, Fire and Sand. It allows you to combine troops from different villages into one large army, but it comes with a cost in resources or Gold. Troops that are merged are subsequently treated exactly as if they were trained in their new home village; this includes the upgrades in the Smithy.
How to merge troops
- Send troops that you want to merge to the village that should be their new home village.
- Afterwards, open the Rally Point in the target village.
- In the overview tab, find the troops you sent.
- Click the link "incorporate into village".
- On the next screen, select the number of troops you want to merge. This will affect the cost of merging.
- Finish by spending resources (you can use NPC trades if necessary) or with Gold.
Restrictions of merging troops
- It is only possible to merge troops that belong to the same player.
- It is only possible to merge troops of the same tribe as the village you are merging into.
- It is not possible to merge settlers, administrators, siege weapons or a hero (the hero can simply be moved to another village).
- There is no restriction regarding Academy research. You can merge a unit into a village even if it was not first researched in that village.
- Gold usage for troop merge is restricted to 50 gold per village per day. The gold limit threshold is reset daily at the same time as the daily quest reset. Merging troops with resources is unrestricted.
Costs of merging troops
The merging costs depend on the army that is being merged. The costs are equal to twice the cost of recruiting that army. You can use Gold instead; the cost is calculated by dividing the resource costs by 40,000 and rounding the result up.
You want to merge 1,000 Clubswingers. 1 unit costs 95 75 40 40 to recruit. Altogether, it is 250 resources.
The total merging cost will be 250 x 1,000 x 2 = 500,000 (190,000, 150,000, 80,000, 80,000). You may pay in Gold instead, which will cost: 500,000 / 40,000 = 13 Gold.