Requirements to conquer a village
In order to conquer another village, you need to lower its loyalty to 0% with your administrator(s). Administrators will only lower loyalty when:
- The attacked village does not have an administration building (Residence, Palace, or Command Center). It is enough if it is destroyed in the same battle.
- The attacked village is not a capital.
- The attacked village is not the player's only village.
- You have enough culture points to own one more village (not required if you are conquering your own village).
- You attack with your administrator(s) using the normal attack option, not raid.
- Your administrator(s) survive the battle.
Getting an administrator
Dependant on tribe these are: Senator, Chief, Chieftain, Logades, Nomarch
In order to get an administrator, you need to meet the following requirements
- Academy Level 20
- Administrator researched in the Academy
- Administration Building (Palace, Residence or Command Center) at the correct level
- Residence can train 3 settlers or 1 administrator at levels 10 and 20.
- Palace and Command Center can train 3 settlers or 1 administrator at levels 10, 15 and 20.
Once these requirements are met you will be able to train your administrator in your village administration building provided you have at least 1 free expansion slot in that village.
Each tribe’s administrator has different levels of persuasion.
- The Roman Senator is very eloquent and persuasive; he can lower the loyalty by 20% to 30% each time.
- The Teuton Chief is especially cheap to train; he can lower the loyalty by 20 to 25%.
- The Gauls Chieftain is 25% faster than the others; he can lower the loyalty by 20% to 25%.
- The Huns Logades is as cheap as the Chief and can surprise; he lowers the loyalty by a value between 15% and 30%.
- The Egyptian Nomarch is the most expensive; he can lower the loyalty by 20% to 25%.
These values for the administrators are for the optimum case, due to the morale bonus they will most likely be lower when taking over a village. After the loyalty reaches 0% the administrator will vanish and the troops that travelled with him will stay in the village as defence.
You can read more about Loyalty in our Loyalty Factors article
The conquering should consist of waves because sending everything in only one attack is very foolish. The first wave should be the one with the "cleaner" which kills all defenders, afterwards the catapults destroying the administration building followed by the administrators.
First you send an attack to kill the defending troops and catapults to destroy the residence/palace/command center. This should be a normal attack, or the catapults will not fire.
Then you send some troops together with your senators to lower the loyalty. Usually you also send some catapults to make them land close to the first attack and remove the residence/palace/command center. This should be a normal attack too, or neither the catapults nor the senators will do their job.
Repeat as often as needed until you have conquered the village.
This can also be done from different villages and together with friends. Just remember that if you time to land on the same second, the first who sent the attacks will land first
After the attacks
You should rebuild an administration building as soon as possible to raise the loyalty again and put some decent defenders including some spies into the village. The loyalty of a village rises by 2/3 of a level of the administration building per hour. For example, a level 6 administration building will raise loyalty by 4 points in one hour.
Important – After Conquest of
- When a village is conquered, all troops that belong to the conquered village will disappear. This includes
- Troops belonging to the conquered village that are currently out of the village.
- Troops that are reinforcing other villages.
- Troops on their way to/from a destination.
- All research made in the conquered village are reset
- The wall surrounding the village will disappear.
- All tribe specific buildings, (e.g., Horse Drinking Trough, Brewery, Trapper etc) will also vanish when a village is conquered.
Exceptions to this are
- If the village is the same tribe as you tribe specific buildings are not destroyed
- On some Special Servers, the village remains the same tribe at conquest, so tribe specific buildings are not destroyed
- Conquering a village of a smaller account will lead to a decrease of 1 level for each building.
- Any villages settled or conquered by the newly conquered village will continue to occupy the build slots in the newly conquered village.
After Conquest of own village
- If you conquer your own village no building or building levels will disappear.
- The wall will still be demolished
- Researches will still be removed
- Troops will still be removed
The restrictions limiting conquering you can find here.