A ban can be a stressful and frustrating event. We think this article can help you to understand the process behind each ban and let you feel less confused.
So, what happens when an account ban occurs?
- Your account is banned - if you are sure you didn't break the rules, then you can write a ticket to Customer Service asking for details of the ban.
- After the Customer Service explanation, if you still think you are innocent, you can ask to send the ticket to the Rule Enforcement Team (RET) for a ban review.
- At this point, RET takes care of their case. Specifically, a Senior Rule Enforcement Specialist (SRES) that wasn't involved in your case previously.
Now, 2 things may happen:
- SRES confirms the ban is correct
If the SRES agrees that the ban and the punishment are both correct, then they send the ticket back to Customer Service confirming the ban and the punishment.
Customer Service then respond by telling you that RET confirmed both ban and punishment and sends you some details shared by RET.
However, Customer Service is not able to share much information as they can't reveal violation detection mechanisms.
- SRES decides the ban is incorrect
If the SRES decides the ban or the punishment is incorrect, then they send the ticket to the Rule Enforcement Team Lead for the final review.
- If the Team Lead agrees that the ban is correct, then they send the ticket back to Customer Service confirming both ban and punishment.
- If the Team Lead decides the ban reason or the punishment is incorrect, then they change the ban reason or offers the correct penalty and sends the ticket back to Customer Service explaining what changes were made.
- If the Team Lead decides that the ban was incorrect, they ban cancellation, gives the player some form of compensation for the lost game time, and sends the ticket back to Customer Service explaining what changes were made.
Ban cancellation is an offer to unban the account without any penalty. It can be accepted by the player at any time to ensure that account is not unbanned without player's knowledge.