Every player receives a hero, this is a special troop type that can be used like other troops however it also has special abilities depending on the tribe and can give additional bonuses depending on its level.
Depending on your selected tribe, your hero will gain one special tribe ability. Those special abilities cannot be upgraded by the player:
- Roman tribe: The hero attribute strength increases by 100 points instead of 80 points for each skill point added.
- Gaul tribe: +5 fields/hour speed, if the hero is mounted. This bonus is scaled on higher speed gameworlds in the same way as regular troops speed.
- Teuton tribe: 20 % Cranny dip (also known as Plunder bonus, it reduces the capacity of enemy cranny) for army attacking with the hero.
- Egyptian tribe: Hero resource production is higher.
- Huns tribe: +3 fields/hour speed for a mounted army with a mounted hero. The army must not include any infantry units. This bonus is scaled on higher speed gameworlds in the same way as regular troops speed.
- Spartan tribe: +50% strength from Spartan weapons and increased bonus to Spartan troops from appropriate weapons.
Each hero starts the game with 4 skill points, these are initially set to their resource production bonus. Each of the special abilities below can be increased to level 100.
You gain 4 more skill points every time the hero XP increases the heros level. XP can be generated through battles, adventures, daily quests and tasks.
- Fighting strength:Increases the attack and defence value of the hero.
Please note: If your hero is unmounted (i.e., has no horse equipped) they are classed as infantry. When you equip your hero with a horse they are classed as cavalry.
- Off bonus: Increases the attack value of the whole army by 0.2% per point (maximum of 20%). This bonus only applies if the hero is attacking with the army.
- Def bonus: Increases the defence value of your whole army (means all own troops defending - the village where they come from is unimportant) by 0.2% per point (maximum of 20%) This bonus only applies if the hero is defending with the army. Other defending troops which are not under your control, will remain unaffected by this bonus.
- Resources: Increases the production of resources by hero. The resources are added to the hero's home village, regardless of where he currently is. You can decide to increase the production of one resource only or to evenly spread the bonus across all resources. It remains one attribute. You can freely change that setting.
Your hero can be sent as a reinforcement to other villages like other troops. However, unlike other troops, it is possible to control your hero from any one of your own villages at a time.
To use your hero from another one of your own villages you must send them there as a reinforcement and tick the change their home village box whilst doing so. Once your hero arrives there you will be able to control them from that village.
The speed of the hero can be affected by hero items and other bonus's however when travelling with other troops he will always travel at the speed of the slowest troop (inc. bonus speed if applied).
This is a special building that allows you to view the oasis that can be conquered, at level 10, 15 & 20 a new oasis slot is opened allowing you to occupy another oasis in the surrounding area and receive the bonus in that village.
The hero's mansion also influences the location of adventures.
The hero is used to conquer the oasis surrounding your village, those that are available to be conquered will show in your village's Hero's Mansion.
The hero is not able to carry any resources on their own, they must be sent with troops when raiding. If you have any hero items that give a plunder bonus this is only applied to the troops that travel with the hero.
It is important to watch your hero's health level, each battle can inflict damage to the hero, this includes adventures.